Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crock Pot Freezer Meals-Chicken Part 1

I have no idea what to expect when our twins arrive, but I am anticipating being very busy with having 4 kids ages 3 and under.  So, I've adopted the motto, "Be prepared".  My plan of attack is this: FREEZER MEALS!  I figured it'd be a lot easier to prepare them in bulk and by category.  I'm going to show you what recipes I used so far and where I got them from (let's give credit where credit is due).  I'll also review the recipes as we eat them.

 Chicken Crock Pot Freezer Meals 1


Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken (courtesy of Mama and Baby Love)
Review: Hmmm...family was not a fan of this one.  Tasted a bit more like vegetable soup.  May be altering it a bit for next time.

Chicken Curry (courtesy of Mama and Baby Love again)
Review of Chicken Curry: Yum!  I loved the Mangoes in the curry as well as the sweet potatoes!

Teriyaki Chicken (courtesy of Ring Around the Rosies)
Review:  Not bad.  A little too much pineapple this go around. 

Slow-Cooked (Chicken) Fajitas -could use beef too (courtesy of Ring Around the Rosies)
Review:  Excellent!  This one was a win!

Cilantro Lime Chicken with black beans and corn (Ring Around the Rosies)

Divine Chicken (Ring Around the Rosies) (for these last two recipes, make sure you click on the printer friendly recipes link she has at the top of her page)
Review:  This was easy and yummy.  Perfect for a winter day!

Prep Time: Altogether this go around of chicken crockpot freezer meals took me about 5 hours to prepare and clean up after ( keep in mind I have 2 kiddos who love mom to entertain them and I'm extra slow because of my big belly).

Cost:  I figured that the total costs ( not including: milk, brown sugar, spices, flour and chicken bouillon cubes because I have those on hand regularly)= $50.79.  I really got 13 meals from this (12 in the freezer and one in our tummies from tonight) so the average per freezer meal was= $3.90.  These meals feed our family- 2 adults and 2 kiddos (3yrs and 18 months)- and gives at least one to two extra adult lunch meals. So really you're talking about 2 weeks worth of dinners (one night of left overs?) and at least 12-26 adult lunch meals.  Not too bad for $50 and healthy, quick, and convenient meals!  Am I throwing in too much math here?  Sorry, the geeky teacher side of me got out again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! Will let you know when I try it.

    ReplyDelete